“Beyond Data” takes investigation and interpretation of site contamination to a new level, giving you an in-depth understanding of what really matters – the use of a Conceptual Site Model (“CSM”). Learn to develop a CSM from the get-go to develop focused investigations with meaningful conclusions. Gather the information needed for successful remediation.
This highly interactive virtual workshop uses many real world examples and the latest concepts in adult learning to put you into the critical learning zone, gaining competency in the assessment and interpretation of environmental data, and in the communication of your findings. Working in ZOOM with Breakout Rooms and using synthetic data sets, you will draw stratigraphic cross-sections, post and contour data, examine fate and transport processes, think, hypothesize, test and write. Through strategically linked lecturettes, you will gain an understanding of current and innovative approaches to site investigation, risk management and cleanup.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- The Conceptual Site Model – What Is It? How Can I Use It Effectively?
- Defining Sources of Site Contamination – LNAPLs, DNAPLs, and more.
- Characterizing Site Stratigraphy – Visualization and Communication
- Hydrogeological Principles
- Groundwater in the Conceptual Site Model
- Relevant Chemical Properties
- Fate and Transport Processes – Retardation, Biotransformation and More.
- Data Quality – Making It Meaningful!
- Preparing Effective Discussion Sections
- Writing Effective Conclusions and Recommendations
- Linking the Conceptual Site Model with Effective Remediation Strategies