- 2 Videos
- 2 PDFs
- 2.0 hrs
Sign up for the next session in this series - Human Health Risk Assessment
Learn to identify site investigation data gaps, conduct a problem formulation, and take a conceptual exposure model through quantitative steps of human health and ecological risk assessment. Find out how risk assessment findings are used to support effective risk-based remediation solutions.
Session 1: Context and Problem Formulation
- Where risk assessment fits into the contaminated sites process
- Key basic concepts in Ecological Risk Assessment
- Developing the conceptual exposure model
Session 2: Risk Analysis
- How to estimate ecological exposure
- How to predict and measure adverse ecological effects
- How to interpret hazard quotients
Scott is an environmental toxicologist and the principal at Steer Environmental Associates, a consulting firm specializing in the performance and technical management of contaminated sites risk assessment. He is an Approved Risk Assessment Specialist with the Society of Contaminated Sites Approved Professionals of British Columbia with more than fifteen years of experience in contaminated site assessment, human health and ecological risk assessment, and environmental toxicology.